Dan Hinz, MBA, is the gentle soul and financial coach behind Adulting With Money. For seven years, Dan has taught couples how to unite–not fight–over money whether they want to crush debt faster, buy a house sooner, or just want to get on the same page.
A graduate of Iowa State University holding a master’s degree in business administration with a focus on finance, his 20,000+ word guide How to Talk About Money with Your Spouse: The Ultimate Guide teaches couples how to be on the same page with money by focusing on meaningful, lifelong habits and sprinkling in some helpful hacks. Dan also draws on his experience as an adjunct professor in finance when guiding couples towards financial and marital bliss.
Dan has been a guest on multiple podcasts, including Bridechilla, The Big Wedding Planning Podcast, Wedding Confessionals, Wedding Planning Podcast, From Ring to Veil, and Get Wed Podcast. He has written articles for Bridal Musings and Budget Savvy Bride and been the financial coach for two morning radio shows, The Miguel Show with Holly & Mandy and The Chubbs & Mandy Show; both at Island 106 (WILN; Panama City, FL).
He lives in Panama City Beach, Florida with his wife.
SELECTED INTERVIEWS AND ARTICLES
- “Adulting with Money with Dan Hinz” – Bridechilla Podcast with Aleisha McCormack
- “Couples Finance Q&A With Dan Hinz” – Bridechilla Podcast with Aleisha McCormack
- “How To Talk Money With Your Honey with Dan Hinz” – Millennial Money Podcast with Shannah Game
- “5 Wedding Budget Tips (That Can Help Your Marriage, Too!)” – Bridal Musings
- “How to Avoid Money Fights When One of You Makes Way More” – Budget Savvy Bride
- “Financial Planning And Your Wedding” – The Big Wedding Planning Podcast with Christy Matthews and Michelle Martinez
- “Money Plans & Marching Bands (with Dan Hinz)” – Wedding Confessionals Podcast with Pam Daniels and Brooke Murdock
- “Money Planning for Weddings and Newlyweds” – From Ring to Veil Podcast with Shannon Palmer and Kim Mills
- “Dealing with Budgets and Finances” – Get Wed Podcast with Katie and Kerrie